nuestros sitios

Menu

Historias De Viajes

Where to Get the Best Gifts for Co-workers in the Philippines photo by Silahis Center

Where to Get the Best Gifts for Co-workers in the Philippines

por : Nicole Brown publicado :

I don’t know about you but whenever I travel, I always make sure to leave extra space in my suitcase for coworker gifts. Something that is representative of the area, cheap and thoughtful. I’ve never really had any luck with bringing food items home as I don’t know the allergies of everyone that I work with so I always tend to stick with small trinkets and keepsakes – bonus points if it’s something useful as well.

And when it comes to getting gifts for them in the Philippines, you as a traveler have hit the jackpot. Not only are many of the items inexpensive but they are also made out of unique materials and simple, everyday items are reimagined with an exotic eye. Just take a look and you’ll see what I mean.

So don’t fear, just take a look below at the top three secret shopping locations that will make both your wallet and your friends back home happy. Here in the Philippines, you’ll be able to find cheap things that don’t look cheap as well as high end artisanal pieces that are one-of-a-kind. No matter what you’re looking for, one of these three places will have the perfect item waiting for you.

Just a taste of what is on offer at the Silahis Center. photo by Silahis Center
Just a taste of what is on offer at the Silahis Center.

Silahis Center- A Museum-like Experience

Looking to kill two birds with one stone and shop for yourself and your co-workers? Then why not check out the Silahis Center in Manila? Known to locals and hipster tour guides as one of the top souvenir shops that are not like your typical souvenir shops, walking through the hand crafted baskets, pottery and artisanal products is more like walking through a stellar curated museum.

I’d suggest purchasing a few gifts for your company’s executives here as prices are a bit higher than the other two shopping places we’ll mention in this list. Something like a nice desk sculpture from a local artist or a hand-woven table runner is always a thoughtful gift that will keep you in the median price range if you look hard enough and will look chic and serve as a perfect gift for folks you’d like to impress.

If you’re a world traveler and your home style reflects it, there are also beautiful hand carved wooden tables and furniture on offer with world shipping available as well. Trust me, it will be hard to walk through this shop of artefacts without getting at least one item.

One-of-a-kind items like this hand-painted Sarimanok bag by Khrisna Nanola are the perfect take-home gifts for family and friends. photo by Silahis Center
One-of-a-kind items like this hand-painted Sarimanok bag by Khrisna Nanola are the perfect take-home gifts for family and friends.

Greenhills Mall- Something for Every Budget

If you love bazaars and flea markets, then Greenhills Mall in Manila is the place to go. Here you will find everything from high quality knock-off brands to semiprecious stones and pearls at killer deals. And if you didn’t leave enough room in your suitcase for all your shopping, no need to worry as they sell suitcases here as well. The energy here buzzes with frenetic exciting energy with everyone haggling and getting into the spirit of getting a great deal.

Have a nephew? You can get great deals on toys here. A teenager? They sell shoes here too. The sky really is the limit to what is on offer and with haggling being accepted, this is the perfect place to buy in bulk, say, getting a great deal on gifts for 30 or so of your co-workers.

With this many options, you’re bound to find a deal. photo by Takamorry via Creative Commons
With this many options, you’re bound to find a deal.

Tiendesitas-Best Kept Secret for Relaxing Shopping

Looking for more of a local hang out that still offers bargain prices on gifts and haggling? Look no further then Tiendesitas in Pasig City, Metro Manila. Known as the pet mall as people can bring their pets to go shopping as well as drop them off and get groomed, Tiendesitas is truly a local’s mall. Just beware that it may be hard to not buy a new pup or animal to fly home as well as they’re just so darn cute! They also have a huge handcraft section which is perfect for finding the perfect take-home gifts. Aside from finding a variety of handicrafts, you’ll also find everything from home decor to women’s bags made out of funky materials like coconut shells, capiz and woven rattan. Some of these bags will even be hand painted which adds yet another local layer of love.

Over the years, new sit down restaurants have been put in the mall that locals love; it also makes this place a great meeting area for friends and family. Many also prefer shopping here because the crowds aren’t as big as they are at Greenhills and the handicap access is a bit better since there aren’t as many people.

Let’s Adventure Together

Ready to get your shopping and adventuring on? Reach out to the team at Uncharted Philippines today to book a once-in-a-lifetime tour that you’ll never forget.

Volver a la lista de las historias

¡Hola !